5 Healthy Eating Facts Everyone Should Know
1. Pay attention to what and how much you are eating. Many people eat while watching TV or driving, and don’t focus on what they put in their mouths. By focusing your attention on your food, you’ll be more aware of tastes, textures and smells and you’ll enjoy it more. You’ll also be able to choose healthy food options such as lean meats, fruits, vegetables and whole grains over high calorie low nutrition snack foods when you choose what to eat.
2. Knowing when to stop eating. If you listen to your body, you will be able to tell when you are full and have had enough. That way you can stop before you get to that overly ‘stuffed’ feeling. Your body really is the best indicator of what you need, so paying attention to it will tell you when to eat and when to stop.
3. Skipping meals is what many people do first when deciding to go on a diet, but it can actually be one of the worst ways to lose weight as by missing a meal your body goes into preservation mode and holds on to every calorie you eat, making it even more difficult to lose weight. By eating regularly and often you keep your metabolism working, thus helping you stay healthy and still lose weight.
4. Our bodies need water to stay hydrated and operate optimally. The average person loses around 90 ounces of water a day. Every organ in your body needs water to run efficiently. Drinking at least eight glasses a day is recommended to avoid dehydration and to stay healthy. Water also helps maintain muscle tone and prevent your skin from sagging.
5. You probably already know that you should avoid junk food, but how often do you tell yourself ‘just this once’ or ‘I’m only going to take one bite?’ Most fast food restaurants are now offering healthier alternatives, so if you need a quick bite and just can’t wait, avoid the high fat or fried options and choose from the healthy side of the menu. By avoiding high fat foods and sticking to healthy options you’ll be able to provide your body with all the nutrition it needs to stay healthy.
Getting healthy for 2012 is about being conscious of what you put into your body. Don’t bite off more that you can chew, keep it simple to start and work your way into a healthier more fulfilling life!
Short URL: http://blackgossip.org/?p=7391